Resolution roundtable discussion - implications of a 'no deal' Brexit
Resolution's International Committee has been working hard over the last couple of years to identify the issues in family law associated with the UK's exit from the European Union. We have been raising these issues with the Government and produced joint guidance for members.
Exiting from the EU without a deal
Resolution held a roundtable discussion to consider the possible implications for family law practitioners of the UK exiting from the EU without a deal.
Please note this was recorded on 6th March 2019.
The roundtable covers the following topics:
- Jurisdiction - divorce
- Jurisdiction - maintenance
- Recognition and enforcement - divorce
- Recognition and enforcement - maintenance
- Intra-UK issues
- Children - abduction
- Children - private law
- Children - public law
Participants in this roundtable discussion:
- Daniel Eames - Chair, Resolution's International Committee
- Eleri Jones - Resolution's International Committee
- Maria Wright - Resolution's Brexit Working Party
- Michael Wells-Greco - Resolution's International Committee
- Lucia Clark - Resolution's International Committee
- Tim Scott QC - Family Law Bar Association (FLBA)
- Tim Amos QC - International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL)